Sunday 6 April 2014

Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Tremble

 Hey lovelies! I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted, but unfortunately uni and work got in the way and I've had to channel all of my energy into that. However, I'm back with a review of the Illamasqua Powder Blusher in the shade Tremble. I actually received this as a gift from my friend Alice back in February for my birthday, so I've had the opportunity to try it out numerous times with various looks.


(yay for colour coordinated nails!) ;)
This is actually my first ever Illamasqua product and on the website it is described as a "soft lilac pink, matte finish". I disagree with this statement for although in some lights this blush appears to have a lilac tint to it, I'd definitely say it's more of a true pink with a slight coral tinge when swatched. 

The formula itself is perfectly matte which I love. I tend to use my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle as a highlight, so sometimes I feel as though using a blush with shimmer in simultaneously can be a bit much and I can end up looking like a glitterball. The incredible pigmentation of this product is actually both a blessing and a curse. On one hand the colour you see in the packaging is pretty much identical to how it transfers on your face. However, it also means that it is quite easy to apply too much and end up looking somewhat clown-like. That said, once you get the hang of applying this blush with a lighter hand, the colour pay off is wonderful and leaves your cheeks with a really pretty, doll-like flush.

I really like the packaging of this blush as the top is clear, meaning it's really easy to see the product inside and the shape of the pot itself is unique to Illamasqua, meaning it's easy to spot amongst the other blushes in my collection. 

This product is pricey and at £21.50 for just 4.5g of product these blushes are significantly more expensive than ones from other higher end brands such as MAC, whose powder blushes retail at £18.00 for 6g. However, unlike other high end brands, throughout the year Illamasqua have AMAZING sales during which these blushes can be reduced to around £5-£7.50, so if you're set on buying an Illamasqua blush look out for these as they're a great time to pick up some bargains and try out products that you wouldn't usually splurge on. 

To find out more check out the Illamasqua website.
Have you tried any Illamasqua blushes?



4 comments:

  1. As much as I love Illamasqua's products I must admit I do only grab a few bargains when they go on sale as I just can't afford to buy their products at any other time x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I like your blog so I nominated you for the very inspiring blogger award! Check out the details on my blog
    livinglizziex.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Wow, keep up the good work!

    xCan you please visit/follow mine & my 14yr olds twins blog x
    P.s Do you want to follow each other's blogs on GFC? I'll follow you back ;) x

    www.fashionsmama.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete