Sunday 9 February 2014

London Haul ft. Brandy Melville, H&M and Levi's

Hey lovelies, last weekend I went to London to see Taylor Swift at the O2 (she was amazing!) and of course, being deprived of any decent shops here in Cornwall, I took full advantage of all that London had to offer and hit the shops. I obviously couldn't resist the allure of the massive flagship stores on Regent Street and Oxford Street, but I actually went a little further afield to Chelsea too, specifically Brandy Melville, which did considerable damage to my poor bank balance...

I've seen this Brandy Melville dress all over YouTube/Tumblr/Instagram (Kylie Jenner was spotted in the burgundy version here!) I really love the cross over detail at the back and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it! I've taken the tags off and I can't remember exactly how much this was, but I know it was about £21 pounds, which I thought was really reasonable for such a versatile dress.
I don't know why I felt the need to buy a basic long sleeved t-shirt, but the material was so soft that I couldn't leave it behind. It's slightly sheer, really loose and flowy and I think a good white top is a staple for any wardrobe. I'm a sucker for a good skater skirt and I loved the oxblood colour of this skirt. The material looks just like silk and I like that as the back is elasticated I can wear it quite high waisted. (Both from Brandy Melville)
I picked up this black body from H&M for about £6.40 as they had a 20% off event for students with myunidays, I've become obsessed with scooped backs lately, I think they look so feminine and very ballerina-esque. I got this tartan skirt from Brandy Melville too, tartan skirts are really on trend but most of the ones I've seen have either been A-line or pencil skirts, so I thought this was a slightly girlier alternative and I like the detail of the buttons down the front.
I actually ordered these shorts online but thought I'd include them in this post too! They're destroyed Levi's shorts from the Vintage Renewal section of Urban Outfitters and they were £10 in the sale! They only had size smalls left which are a little large for me, but for £10 I don't mind having to wear a belt! This cream jumper is just a basic knit from H&M-I thought it was best to keep it simple on top since the shorts have so much going on! 

Have you been shopping lately? I'd love to see your haul posts too! 


16 comments:

  1. I saw Taylor Swift too...how amazing was she?! I adore Brandy Melville too and UO! Lovely bits you picked up!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was incredible! I cried haha...
      Glad you like what I got!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. i love the last look! wish i was as petite as you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it makes you feel any better i'm definitely skinny fat haha, need to tone up! xxx

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOD. I am so jealous. I NEED to visit the Brandy Melville store. I am always in London but always too busy to check it out. (which could be a good thing or I'd end up spending so much money in there..)

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo easy to go crazy in BM, I spent far more than I should have haha
      xxx

      Delete
  4. You got so many pretty things!! I really like that black dress!! Loved the way you modeled the clothes instead of just showing it hanging off a hanger!! Everything suits you so nicely!
    xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you got especially the dress such a classic but beautiful design:)x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. All 4 of these outfits are SO nice!!
    I feel like I should try a skater skirt sometime! Why isn't there a Brandy Melville in my town :( ... there is an H&M now though so I'm hoping to go look around there soon! :)

    London shopping + Taylor Swift concert = sounds like an amazing time!

    Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous that you got to see taylor! I love the skirt from brandy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your outfits! They're something I could see myself wearing in the springtime. Great blog, you've officially been bookmarked on my laptop! :D All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything you bought, especially the Brandy dress! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the black dress, gorgeous!

    alice xxx | beauty blog | beauty channel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love Brandy Melville, I study in London so I go there all the time are you referring to the one near Carnaby Street? Some lovely clothes here!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everyone…I would like to buy blue denim Brandy Melville Shorts at low-cost rates. So, I was looking for several inexpensive outlet stores. Please help and recommend several best websites that sell shorts on cheap rates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my god that black dress is absolutely gorgeous!!

    http://pasteltrash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete